This recipe yields 1 omelet.
- 1/4 cup neat egg or Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1/3 cup Spring Water
- 1/4 tsp. Sweet Basil
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Oregano
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Powder
- 1/4 cup diced Roma Tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped Onion
- 1/4 cup diced Green Pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped Mushrooms
- Grapeseed Oil
- Brazil Nut Cheese (optional)
This recipe requires quite a bit of technique but if you mess up the omelet during the flipping process, you can always make it into a Alkaline Veggie Scramble! Also, you might not use all the chopped and diced vegetables, it all depends on how much you prefer in your omelet.
- Whisk together flour, water, and seasonings in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add about 1 tsp. of grapeseed oil in your skillet on medium heat.
- Add a spoonful of each vegetable (and tomatoes) to the skillet and lightly saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the “egg” mixture into the skillet and let it cook for 3-4 minutes before flipping.
- While it is cooking, slightly lift the sides of the omelet and tilt the skillet towards the lifted area so the mixture can get to the bottom of the skillet to cook.
- Use your spatula to flip the omelet, then add some Brazil Nut Cheese on half of the omelet and fold it over.
- Enjoy your Alkaline Veggie Omelet!